Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Single Mom's Guide to Guilt-less Moments


Single Mom's Guide to Guilt-less Moments

By Swee-T of SWTLaughinLivinLovin
On Nov 20, 2012
Tagged single mother advice
Sweet Wisdom of the Day:
As a single mother, I find my time is never really my time. Taking care of a child alone can be challenging. I always say the stay at home mom is a single parent until dad gets home, depending on the extent of his help. A single parent can feel a sense of "loosing themselves". Now, nothing in the world can trump motherhood. I love my child so much, but sometimes you just want to "get in touch with you". After I've played tea party, taken my little one to the park, ballet & art classes, sometimes I just want to sit in a room with nothing but quiet. Just me and my thoughts. Unfortunately, I don't always get that opportunity.My little one wants the constant attention and being the only parent it is my job to give it to her. However, when I take moments for myself I hear my thoughts saying, you should go play with her or there is something in the house to do. Even when I have moments here and there, this is this nagging guilt that chirps at my mind. So I had to ask myself how do I get around this barrier?
First I have to give myself a high five and if your in this position I give you a high five too.
I'm not about to say go on a self indulged "getting me back" party, where your kids are left wondering where mommy is. I am saying that it is ok to take moments for yourself. Now we all take moments for ourselves but are we actually relaxing and rejuvinating in those moments? First, I had to realize that I am no good to my little mini-me if I'm tired, worn out and un-motivated. It's important to be there mentally for our children not just physically. Most of us don't realize that motherhood is 90% mental and 10% physical. I'm no doctor, but it sure feels like it. It's not just the act of going to get a bottle at 2 am in the morning it the sleep deprivation and mental tiredness that it causes.
With this in mind I have chosen to make my mind up when I can get a moment, I am going to take it. I will enjoy it. I will say hi to me and ask myself how I'm doing. Even now my baby girl is sleeping and I'm using this quiet time to write to you. Let the guilt go. Sit down and just breath. Then ask your self what you really want to do that you enjoy doing. Not a task, not a chore we have many of those....just breath and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click Next or Home Above

Click Next or Home Above

Feel Beautiful Inside & Out Get Your Swee-T Box Today !


Swee-T Boxes are a one of a kind beauty experience. Enhancing your beauty outside, but not forgetting your beauty inside. Each box has 3 beauty products from Lipstick, Lipgloss to Eyeshadows and a special gift included with a sweet thought.

ITEMS Currently SOLD OUT, Please check back soon for new inventory.

Membership Below !

Membership Below !

Become a Sweet VIP !!!

Enter Here ! Be Inspired! Receive Swee-T Beauty Magazine exclusive in your inbox Sweet-IP's ONLY !!!. **Your email address will not be sold or spammed***