Saturday, March 30, 2013

Skin Lightening Controversy over India Arie's New Albulm Cover "Cocoa Butter"




































I new from jump this was a camera issue but there was a good point that she approved the photo.   I remember growing up and wishing I had brown skin like my idol, model "Iman".   I was teased about having a larger nose and called ugly cause of it.  I hate that "WE" let so many "OTHER" people define what beauty should be to us.  I think this is why today I can rock a fro or a weave with out care of what anyone think just my own satisfaction.  I can be skinny or heavy to my own satisfaction and feel cute or "UNPRETTY" (TLC SONG) at any size.  My nose .... that which I used to hate.. I LOVE IT, because God loves me and I love me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/india-arie-accused-of-lightening-skin-cocoa-butter-cover_n_2980852.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click Next or Home Above

Click Next or Home Above

Feel Beautiful Inside & Out Get Your Swee-T Box Today !


Swee-T Boxes are a one of a kind beauty experience. Enhancing your beauty outside, but not forgetting your beauty inside. Each box has 3 beauty products from Lipstick, Lipgloss to Eyeshadows and a special gift included with a sweet thought.

ITEMS Currently SOLD OUT, Please check back soon for new inventory.

Membership Below !

Membership Below !

Become a Sweet VIP !!!

Enter Here ! Be Inspired! Receive Swee-T Beauty Magazine exclusive in your inbox Sweet-IP's ONLY !!!. **Your email address will not be sold or spammed***